Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday Pie Night

I love kitchen gadgets.  I really do.  My work gave us an ice cream maker as an engagement present, and I nearly died of excitement.  So when Hubby, Cousin and I were invited to Sis-In-Law's house last week to join in Wednesday Pie Night, both Hubby and I were pretty keen to check it out.

Let me just say now - this has to be one of the most convenient makers of food since the toaster.  It was fun, easy, fast and the types of pie you can make are only limited by your imagination and contents of your fridge.


Step One is to cut out the pastry (you CAN make your own, but that's not the point of Wednesday Pie Night) with the handy dandy cutter that's included.


Then you pop the bottom rounds into the pie maker.


Next step is to add the fillings of your choice.  This is the Chilli Con Carne Pie (with cheese, which melted and was awesome).  We also made Left Over Curry Pie, Left Over Bolognaise Pie (with cheese) and German Pie (bratwurst, sauerkraut and mashed potato).  Sis-In-Law also told us that this will all still work if the pie contents are frozen when you put them in.  AWESOME!


Then you pop the top pasty round on - this is where you find out whether you've over-filled it or not. Then you press down the top, and leave it until the green light goes on.


Perfectly cooked pies are the result.  The winner for the night was the Chilli Con Carne Pie (although they were all good).

Hubby and I had so much fun with this, that we actually went out the next day and bought one.  I know this isn't necessarily 'culinary', but it was convenient, easy to use and will definitely get used.  We probably have pie as an easy weekday meal every other week - now when we eat one we'll know EXACTLY what went in it. 

1 comment:

  1. Pie maker is definitely on my 'kitchen gadgets to buy' list!

    ReplyDelete