Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Inspiration - Bar Barossa

My blog has been SHAMEFULLY neglected.  But I have a good reason.  Hubby and I are smack bang in the middle of moving house.  So no internet, no computer, no cooking, no nothing while we get straight.

But in the interests of blogging, I have at least been inspired by cooking, if unable to create myself.

Today at work we had a team building lunch, organised by me (approved of heartily by my manager), so therefore at the restaurant of my choice.

We went to Bar Barossa, for what turned out to be one of the LONGEST work lunches I have been to in years.  The decor is fabulous, if a little cosy in the corner we were in, the wine list extensive and the food divine.  If anything was going to inspire me in the kitchen, this was going to be it.  Unfortunately for me I FORGOT my awesome little camera, but my manager came to the rescue with the camera on her blackberry.

Entree:-



For entree I had one of my favourite meals - mussels in a tomato, lemon and onion sauce, with crusty bread to mop it all up with at the end.  The mussels were HUGE and melt in the mouth, and the sauce was amazing.

Main:-

Did I mention I love steak?  And I love it medium rare.  If it's not pink in the middle, I'm not interested.  This eye fillet was to die for, and so was the mushroom sauce and beer-battered onion rings.



Dessert:-

What kind of fabulous lunch out would it be without making room for dessert?  While all the ladies were a little disappointed with the lack of chocolate-related choices... none of us could fault this delicious white chocolate and macadamia tart, with vanilla bean cream, strawberries, and my favourite touch - pink fairy floss.  Can anyone tell me how to make chocolate pastry so I can try to recreate this at home?


Right now I am super full, and EXTREMELY inspired to get back into my own kitchen.  Now if only I could finish unpacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment