Friday, February 25, 2011

Pancake Stacker

 Last weekend one of my besties had a housewarming party at her lovely new home.  Because she lives on the opposite side of the city to Hubby and I, we stayed the night, and the next morning I made pancakes for breakfast for everyone.  I used the pancake recipe from Serge Dansereau's 'French Kitchen', but I suspect that this is a recipe that changes very little from one recipe book to another.

I started by sifting 250g of self-raising flour and then adding 2 tablespoons of baking powder and a pinch of salt.


Next, I added 500mL of milk (I used low fat milk and they still tasted great).


The final ingredients are two eggs, which I whisked and then poured into the mixture.


Finally, you whisk the whole lot until it makes a smooth batter.  Next time, when I get to this stage, I'm going to add some sliced up fresh fruit (like blueberries).

My bestie has the MOST amazing kitchen gadget ever.  It's a Sunbeam Reversa-Grill.  The most awesome things about it are that you get a totally maintained heat, fast AND you can make more than one pancake at a time.  I'm in pancake-making heaven.  Each pancake is a quarter of  a cup of batter, and once the top starts bubbling, you flip them over and cook the other side until golden.


Voila!  A perfect stack of light, fluffy, perfectly cooked pancakes!

The final touches for perfection (to me anyway) - a scoop of good quality ice cream and REAL maple syrup (no maple-flavoured syrup for me!).  I promise, it's worth the extra money for real maple syrup.

1 comment: