Saturday, May 14, 2011

Choco-Hoto Pots

A few weeks ago now, we had our first overnight visitors in our new home and, as such, our first dinner party.

I let Hubby handle the cooking on this one, what with it being his parents that were visiting, and settled into a comfortable role of picking new bottles of wine and making sure everyone had full glasses.  However I did make a move into the kitchen for the purposes of dessert.

A number of years ago now I gave my sister a Nigella Lawson book for Christmas, and in it I could remember the most decadent little individual chocolate cakes that were super easy to make.  They were called choco-hoto pots, and a quick internet search soon gave me the recipe, and away I went.
 
To start with, I got the oven cranking, and then melted about 3/4 cup of dark chocolate with the butter.

While that was melting, I combined 2 eggs, 3/4 cup of caster sugar, 3 tablespoons of flour, then added the now cooled chocolate/butter mixture.  Once combined, I stirred in 1/2 cup of white chocolate pieces.


Next I spooned the mixture into four buttered ramekins and popped the whole lot in the oven for about 20 minutes. 



What comes out is hard and cracked on the top, but break the surface and you have the most fabulous, goey melty chocolate pudding.  Hubby had made a vanilla ice cream to accompany it, and I'm glad he did - it's super rich and the ice cream cut through that.  End result?  Easy awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment